Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Guardian Grandma Baby Blanket Complete


I finished up the blanket I made for Debi Y.'s Guardian Grandmas.

The little points need to be blocked, but as I've mentioned before, all my crochet things are packed away in boxes.  So we are going with the ruffled look.  

:-)


I'm reading Pollyanna to dear son; it's our bedtime chapter book.  I got the idea, on that particular book, from Ginny on one of her posts.  I am finding the vernacular of "Nancy" (one of the characters in the story) difficult to read out loud.  But so far, I've enjoyed the story.  


I've been thinking a lot about 9/11 these past few days.  

When we were reviewing the calendar in school, dear son said, "What is Patriot's Day?"

How do you describe what happened on that day to a 7 year old?  How do you describe such a hatred these people have for us, when you try to teach your child love?  

"For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another."
1 John 3:11 (KJV)

Today, I'm thinking of the ones who lost their lives and the families they left behind.  The pictures from that day are etched in my mind.  It still brings tears to my eyes.

May we always remember, so that we don't forget.

Many blessings to each of you,

Heather


18 comments:

  1. Your blanket is beautiful :-)
    It's been on my mind a lot, too, and it's difficult to explain to my daughter. She's 11, so it's just another item in her history book. I pray we as a nation never forget.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for you nice comment. We are still in early american history, so it hasn't come up (until this year with the calendar). Have a blessed day and thank you again, Heather

      Delete
  2. Oh my Gosh !....this is so cute....gorgeous....very tentative.....I want to make one but time is to short for me,tha's the reason I'm making only beanies.....Love the blanket....you did a great job !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the baby blanket Heather - it's perfect. Blessings to you too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That blanket is perfect! Love it! We, too, have been discussing the day. Many of my children are too young to remember or understand... I am hugging them all even closer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving your nice comment. :-)

      Delete
  5. Such a beautiful blanket. I still haven't blocked any of my crochet items, though I know I probably should. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful little blanket. Love the color so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Heather! I've just found out that you've created a new blog (I've been away from Blogland for a while, so I guess I've missed quite a lot). Good to see that your crochet is as beautiful as ever! :)

    Have a great week-end and good luck with your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your baby blanket. Such a pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Heather,
    I have enjoyed visiting your blog...I love your New Beginnings blanket~so pretty! I would love to get the pattern info if possible :)
    Blessings,
    Shawne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shawne, thank you for your nice comment. The body of the blanket is a personal pattern that I haven't put on the blog yet. I just change up the border each time I make it. Maybe next time I crochet a blanket for donation I'll write it up. Thank you again. :-)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.