Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Baby Blanket Beginnings

Guardian Grandma Baby Blanket
Work in Progress
I'm taking a short break from my Bobble Diamond Afghan to work on a baby blanket for the Guardian Grandma program.  

I'm not a grandma myself (hopefully someday), but you don't have to be to take part in Debi Y.'s program.  In fact, you don't even have to send your donation to her, you can make something to give locally.  I hope you'll hop over to her blog and check out her program for yourself.


I'm using Lion brand's Pound of Love for my baby blanket.  You can usually get a whole blanket out of one giant skein with some to spare for borders on other blankets.  

Doesn't this color have an old fashioned appeal?



I'm using the same stitch pattern I used for my Thoughts of Spring blanket I made earlier this year.  I like the subtle texture it creates.



It looks a little different with the two different yarns.  I used I Love This Yarn for the complete blanket above.

This week, most of my reading has centered on my daily devotions and our 3rd grade reading program.  I haven't had a lot of time for recreational reading.  (Maybe once the weather turns cold and we can't get outside.)


I hope your week is going well.  
We are off to a good start.

Blessings,
Heather

I'm linking up with Ginny for her weekly Yarn Along.

25 comments:

  1. I love that color and stitch pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty color for the baby blanket!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather. It's looking very nice so far - I like the stitch pattern you chose. Thanks for mentioning the group. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color and pattern you are using for the baby blanket. So pretty. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment. Heather

      Delete
  5. Both blankets are wonderful. Love the texture that stitch gives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does have an old fashioned feel to it! Thank you for stopping by my neglected blog. I hope to have news of a new home soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer. Best wishes to you and your family on your new home.

      Delete
  7. I loved that Thoughts of Spring blanket & stitch. Looks good in the blue baby yarn too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that stitch! color is great also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The color and stitch make a lovely combination. What stitch are you using? I'm so bad at recognizing stitches. I've always liked the picture of your thoughts of spring blanket on your other blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan. I'll write it all up once I figure out what I want to do with the border. Thank you and have a great day. :-)

      Delete
  10. Hi sweetheart !.....you are doing a beautiful blanket....the stitches you are using is gorgeous....love how neat it is coming out...Love it ! Happy week ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such a pretty blanket, I like the pattern. And the color does make such a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your Thoughts of Spring blanket, Heather! Would you share the pattern or a link to it? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your nice comment Sherre. I never did write up the pattern as I change the border each time I do it. :-) It's a simple repeat pattern, I'll write it up one day when I do a border for it that I write down. Thank you again for your nice comment. Heather

      Delete
  13. really very pretty,gorgeous blanket.color combination is mind blowing. very heart touching thing is you have made it to donate a child.
    hats off.
    would you pls share the pattern of the blanket and the border it would be more helpful and greatful
    love hema

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hema, it is a personal pattern that I use for baby blankets. I usually do a different border each time. Ravelry is a great source for free patterns as are the different yarn brand websites (Red Heart, Lion Brand, Patons, etc.). Best wishes and thank you for stopping by. Heather

      Delete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.