Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Summer of Parks


I think this summer will go down as the summer of parks.  

The weather has been so beautiful and we haven't had the heat and humidity that is typical for this time of year.  And, going to parks gets us out of the apartment.  


I tend to lag behind "the boys" as I'm always looking for the "perfect" photo shot, or looking at the variety of wildflowers and their beautiful color.  

brilliant purples and greens


fuchsia, deep burgundy,
and different shades of green


God has certainly provided an abundance of beauty for us to admire.

I've started to wrap my mind around the idea that summer is drawing to a close and we'll need to be starting school soon.

It's a double edged sword; the end of summer freedom, but on the other hand, the start of school brings routine; which I so like.

I hope your week is off to a great start.

Take care friends,
Heather


4 comments:

  1. Good morning Heather. I bet you are going stir crazy, living in a small space. Glad you have such beautiful places to escape to.
    Our kiddos start school tomorrow!!!! It used to be after Labor Day, but they changed it a couple of years ago.
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. School tomorrow; oh my! Boy they are starting early. We do go a bit stir crazy, but have been taking advantage of the pretty weather. Take care, Heather

      Delete
  2. So pretty. We are supposed to start school this coming Tuesday and I haven't gotten anything ready that I need to have ready. We might put it off for another week. Guess we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually start the 2nd to last week in August, but I think we'll wait until the last. I'm not quite ready yet. :-) Thank you for your nice comment. Heather

      Delete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.