Saturday, August 10, 2013

Nightcrawlers and a Saturday Afternoon


With $2.00 nightcrawlers and a fishing rod in the trunk, we headed out this afternoon to do a little fishing.  


We went to a youth pond, but it was a good place for dear son to practice his casting while hubby baited the hooks.  

:-)

As they got the gear set up, I walked around the pond to see if I could find anything pretty.


There were plenty of wildflowers...

(wildflower or weed depends on your point of view)...

and a Canadian Goose as big as a frozen Thanksgiving turkey.


The little one fished...


and waited...


Fishing really is a lesson in patience.  Cast your line and wait.

We were hoping for some "live action" (any Turtleman fans?)...

but, in the end, no fish were caught.  

They got a few nibbles and lost a worm or two.

Better luck next time little one.

"Give a man a fish and he eats for a day; teach a man (boy) to fish..."; you know the saying.

Happy Saturday!

Heather



12 comments:

  1. Sounds fun! It's been years since I've been fishing. Might be time to go again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun way to spend the afternoon. :-)

      Delete
  2. You have such fun areas around you. I've never heard of a youth pond before. Glad you could get out and enjoy yourself and time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are the days that make memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful memories were made, that was the big catch of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet memories... what a precious post, dear Heather :) My son loves to fish with is daddy. I usually take a book along while the two of them try and catch a "big one." So glad you shared this at Roses of Inspiration. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely photos of a lovely summer day! They're all wildflower to me! And being of the Scottish, I love the thistle! He'll appreciate the sense of fishing not being about catching, necessarily, when he gets into his middle years. Sometimes it's just an excuse for "deep thinking" lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy for stopping by and for your nice comment. Have a great day. Heather

      Delete
  7. What beautiful pictures. My husband and daughter love to fish together. I usually bring a book and relax in the pretty surroundings. Thank you for leaving such a sweet comment on our blog today. I found you via Roses of Inspiration and look forward to following along :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fishing is a wonderfully relaxing past time, Like JES, I usually take a book... and a camera as well. Hubby loves fishing but hasn't caught anything of any significance since I gave him a smoker a couple of years ago. It looks like you ha d a nice day out.
    Thanks for visiting :)

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. With all the snow we've had, I'm longing for such warm afternoons. Thanks for making my winter a bit more bearable.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.