Monday, August 19, 2013

New Project and a To Do List

Bobble Diamond Afghan
Work in Progress

My yarn order from Joann's showed up late Friday afternoon.  I was very happy to see my cardboard box full of yarn goodness arrive.  

Saturday afternoon, I started working on my new project.  It's  called Bobble Diamond Afghan from Crochet World (October 2008).  I have a digital subscription, so was able to download the pattern and print it out.  


I'm using a new to me yarn.  It is Bernat Super Value, I saw it at the store and loved the color, but they didn't have enough for my project and I knew if I ordered online I'd get a better price (even with tax and shipping)!


I'm enjoying the project so far.  I'm making it for my brother-in-law; my sister's husband.  I've made several blankets for my sis, but never one for her hubby.  I thought he might like one of his own and I thought this pattern was neutral enough for a man.


This week is going to be busy and I started my "To Do" list early this morning.  

We are starting school next week, so I need to figure out our daily schedule and get the first week of school organized.

My sister and her boys are coming up to go to one of the parks with us mid-week and we are going to have a picnic.  It should be fun and a nice way to end summer break.

I hope your week is off to a great start.

Heather

Joining Ginny for her weekly "yarn along".


13 comments:

  1. Hi Heather. That's a great looking pattern - and the color is perfect for a man. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, it is beautiful! I love the color for a man. And, I LOVE the bobble stitch!!! He will love this!!
    Have fun with your sister and her family! Good luck with your back to school next week!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a lovely afghan, and you made great progress over the weekend! Your hook is smokin' :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so good at making these beautiful but tedius afghans! This one will be no exception, I'm sure. Love the manly color of it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely! Blankets are wonderful gifts! I am hoping to finish my first twin sized one in the next month! A real joy to knit, hey? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment Elizabeth. Heather

      Delete
  6. Hi Heather- I'm so glad I "bumped" into your new blog while searching for a idea for a border on a afghan. I missed seeing your lovely posts about crochet, family, faith and photos. And what a treat to again see such a pretty afghan being made by you. Your BIL will love it I'm sure. Happy Summer's end and Blessings.
    ReniC in Az
    (member: Ravelry & Crochetville)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your nice note and comment Ren. I appreciate it. :-)

      Delete
  7. Looks like a very nice project and the color is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.